STEP is an initiative that empowers youth, enhances job creation, and increases access to skills development opportunities.
To empower the Technical, Entrepreneurial, Vocational Education and Training (TEVET) sector and its capacity to satisfy the economy’s need for professionals through improvement of equitable and gender-balanced TEVET in Malawi
Promoting equitable and gender-balanced access to TEVET
– Enrollment and retention rates of female students and vulnerable persons are increased.
Improving the quality and relevance of TEVET
– Harmonization of the assessment and certification system is improved.
– TEVET teachers’ and instructors’ technical and pedagogical skills are upgraded.
– Formal training programmes are reviewed to be more demand-driven and experiential models for entrepreneurship are developed.
Strengthening the governance and management of TEVET regulatory bodies and training institutions
– Partnership and collaboration between stakeholders strengthened.
– Governance and management capacity in the TEVET sector, including the training provider level, is improved.