To empower the Technical, Entrepreneurial, Vocational Education and Training (TEVET) sector and its capacity to satisfy the economy’s need for professionals through improvement of equitable and gender-balanced TEVET in Malawi
Promoting equitable and gender-balanced access to TEVET
– Enrollment and retention rates of female students and vulnerable persons are increased.
Improving the quality and relevance of TEVET
– Harmonization of the assessment and certification system is improved.
– TEVET teachers’ and instructors’ technical and pedagogical skills are upgraded.
– Formal training programmes are reviewed to be more demand-driven and experiential models for entrepreneurship are developed.
Strengthening the governance and management of TEVET regulatory bodies and training institutions
– Partnership and collaboration between stakeholders strengthened.
– Governance and management capacity in the TEVET sector, including the training provider level, is improved.